12/11/2009

Modern Warfare 2

Just a quick post (I have been neglecting this blog a little but normal service will resume shortly)

I received a copy of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 last night and soon as I got home I started playing it. I don't have Xbox Live at the moment so i was straight into the single player campaign and from the very first mission it didn't fail to impress.....

However there has been allot of publicity about the third level of the campaign. where you take part in the brutal slaughter of civilians. I just thought I would share my thoughts on this.

Personally I must admit that this level did leave me disturbed and was decidedly unpleasant to play, however I think it is an important part of the game and I am glad I played it, it is part of the whole story and I think that it is done in such a way as to not be gratuitous in any way. I think it is a good thing for a video game to disturb you a little especially one which contains so much violence and is set in a world not a million miles away from the one we live in now. A game about war should make you stop and think about your actions in the same way a modern war film should make you question war.

That's my thoughts on the subject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...